Sunday, January 30, 2011

waiting for spring...

"For being the shortest month of the year, February can sure drag on and test our grit.  Instead of fighting winter to its bitter end, try embracing the subtle ways nature can sustain you.  Take a walk around your yard.  Listen for the first birdsong.  Turn your face to the warmth of longer sunlit days.  Spring is just around the corner."  Jane McKeon (senior associate editor of better homes and gardens). 

I was thinking tonight about enjoying the last days of winter, which seem to be the hardest for me.  Being a stay-at-home mom, I long for warm days and time to spend outside.  Instead of moaning and groaning, I hope to embrace the last days of winter, by looking for God's signs of spring.  Today in church, our pastor talked about how God clothes the flowers better than any girl will ever look on her wedding day.  I'm so excited to see the ones he dresses this spring. 

I found a canvas tonight and decided that since I can't look at all those pretty flowers yet, I'll just paint some.  This is an acrylic floral. 

1 comment: