Monday, June 18, 2012

Having it all together

"There is an illusion out there that some women have it all together-but really, it is only women who trust God to have it all together, that will ever have the hope that their labor of love will ever amount to anything."  Sally Clarkson itakejoy.com

I read this today as I've been pondering over some things.  Isn't it funny and ridiculous how we often compare ourselves with one another as women, as moms?  We look at beautiful pictures of smiling moms and dads and somehow think that is reality.  No, friends that is a pretty picture.  Reality is that life is hard, kids whine and throw fits, and sometimes we feel like losing it.  So, how on earth can we "hold it together" in this world we live it?  We can trust God to do it for us, that's our only hope.  Because really, we can't, no matter how hard we try, hold it all together and make it work perfectly.  Children will come undone, houses will come undone, and sometimes moms come unglued.  But, thankfully, we have a Lord who is our glue, who says, "Be still" to the waves in our lives.  We can rest in Him. 

As I've been praying for more gentleness as a mom and a woman, I've been tested in more ways that I can count.  Last night, I decided to take some pictures of the kids with their daddy for Father's Day.  I had great hopes of what these pictures would look like, you know, maybe like a good Kodak commercial.  Daddy is smiling, children are all smiling and posing perfectly.  It would be a dream.  Wait, that is a dream.  And, yes, mama got snappy and had to ask for forgiveness from the boys for being so.  But, we did get some good laughs and a few good pics.  Thank Heavens for daddies!  I'm glad to have a good man, who is a great father to our four children and patient with me. 

I hope you get some smiles from these.  I did. :)

Take one! 


Take two!
Take three!
And four!

(Sisters were NOT happy):)

Last one, won't make you move any more daddy, I promise. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment