Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy birthday sweet Sophie!

Today, we celebrated Sophie's 1st birthday!  This was quite the homemade party(for me), so it was a lot of fun.  From decorating her hat to making her special dress and cake, I had exuded about all the creative energy I need to for awhile!
 
This is her "ribbon cake".  I had my first go at cake decorating and it was so fun!

A garland of my favorite pictures and little baby things of hers.  I still can't believe a year has gone by so quickly!  She was a day old in that pic.
I found these cute little numbers for cupcakes at my all-time fav store HL! :)
 
I saved a favorite bib monogrammed by a special lady just for her party.  :)

The kids were all really proud of baby sister.  I made she and Ella matching pillowcase dresses for her special day.
If every baby were like Sophie, we would all want a dozen of them!  She is so sweet and cuddly and happy.  She is a blessing to all of us.  We love our Sophie Joy to the moon and back and again.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like yall had a great time! I can not believe she is already 1 Khristy!! Great cake icing - that is the hardest part to me. I'm thinking of getting the cool whip cake frosting whenever I bake cakes. I love the matching pillowcase dresses too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Khristy Lou!!!

    This pictures are adorable! Everything turned out so cute, you did a really fantastic job with all the little extra touches!

    ReplyDelete